The HydroTilt, Careflex's much-loved dependable chair, encourages optimum posture and pressure management whilst promoting comfort. This chair is suitable for a wide range of seating needs, in all domestic, health and care environments.
The HydroTilt is an effective seating solution for adults and children with the following conditions and postural challenges:
- Huntington’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Motor neurone disease
- Pelvic instability
- Increased thoracic kyphosis
- Increased lumbar lordosis
How can the Hydrotilt help individuals?
The HydroTilt is offered in mini, small, medium and large sizes and is also modular in design ensuring that it can be easily tailored to the individual. With a range of accessories available it is a reliable chair that can be configured to different seating needs.
- A choice of back support, including flat, contoured and waterfall back rest cushions, and the option to add adjustable lateral support, ensures optimum trunk support for the user.
- Tilt-in-Space improves pelvic stability without affecting the user’s hip and knee angles, promotes energy management and encourages pressure redistribution.
- Integral pressure management with Water Cell Technology and adjustable seat depth encourages maximum support and equal weight distribution with the aim of reducing the risk of pressure injury.
- A negative angle leg rest facilitates standing and offers a more comfortable seating position for users with tight hamstring muscles or knee contractures.
- The NEW height and angle adjustable flip up footplate for clients with a longer lower leg length or those who require their feet to be supported. The footplate accommodates fixed angles of plantar flexion at the ankle, and provides a more restful ankle position whilst supporting the foot. The footplate can be adjusted and set to a choice of 5 positions; +90° (vertical), +15°, 0° (horizontal), -15° and -30°. This equates to a 120° range of adjustment. In all positions the footplate can be easily lifted up to vertical to move it out of the way.
- To help in hospital settings or multi-user environments where attention to infection control is critical we are able to offer infection control covers; we have replaced Velcro in all exposed areas with plastic profile fittings and zips and minimised exposed seams.
Allows you to change the reclining angle of the chair seat and back without adjusting the user’s hip and knee angle.
The backrest delivers pressure relief and long-term comfort by offering simple conforming support to the lower back whilst the user is sitting upright and in a tilted position.
Adjustable Seat Depth
To maximise the performance of the Water Cell back, the seat depth can be easily adjusted to ensure the user’s pelvis stays right back in the seat, correctly aligned and not tilting into a sacral sitting posture.
Maximum Pressure Relief
The seat cushion uses CareFlex Water Cell Technology® and Vapour Permeable (VP) upholstery, which work synergistically to provide continuous pressure relief.
Wooden or Soft Hand Grips
Wooden hand grips are solid enough to support the user as they rise to standing. Soft hand grips are an alternative option and consist of an upholstered foam pad fitted in the same position.
Independently Elevating Leg rest
Reflexions Foam® is incorporated in the leg rest to provide pressure relief for the legs. It allows the sitting position to be adjusted throughout the day for different activities.
2 Braked Castors and 2 Swivel Castors
The castors have sealed bearing hubs for enhanced durability and smoother manoeuvrability. The two rear castors have a full brake to stop rolling. With the brakes applied, the user can confidently transfer from the chair without fear of the chair moving.
For multi-user adaptability.
The flip-up height and angle adjustable footplate accommodates fixed angles of plantar flexion at the ankle, and provides a more restful ankle position whilst supporting the foot.
25° Negative Angle *
The leg rest now has a 25° negative angle to facilitate standing. It also offers a more comfortable seating position for clients with tight hamstrings. *Medium size only at present.