Are you sitting comfortably?
The HydroCare, Careflex’s simple but effective chair, offers comfort and support for those in need of stability and safety. This is the ideal chair for the older person, for nursing or residential home environments, or for individuals in a palliative care setting.
The HydroCare® is an effective seating solution for adults with the following conditions and postural challenges:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Early stage Huntington’s disease
- Pelvic instability
- Increased thoracic kyphosis
- General weakness
How can the HydroCare help individuals?
The HydroCare incorporates various features that promote a sense of security. The seat height and seat width can be tailored to a wide range of individuals to ensure a comfortable fit and the appropriate management of their posture and pressure care needs whilst optimising function.
- Back angle recline adjusts the angle between the chair and seat back promoting comfort, relaxation and energy management for the user.
- Integral pressure management with Water Cell Technology and adjustable seat depth encourages maximum support and equal weight distribution with the aim of reducing the risk of pressure injury.
- A seat with an adjustable angle promotes pelvic stability and reduces the risk of sacral sitting and the user sliding down the chair.
- The sliding padded foot plate adequately supports and protects the feet during portering.
The HydroCare is also designed with the user’s support network in mind; four fully braked twin wheel castors distribute the chair’s load over a larger surface area, making it easier to manoeuvre the chair around the environment.
There are 9 combinations of seat height and width available. This means a comfortable fit can be achieved for a wide range of users, providing optimal function and comfort.
Back Angle Recline (BAR)
Adjusts the angle between the chair seat and back to provide a more comfortable hip position.
Adjustable Seat Depth and Angle
The seat depth can be easily adjusted to ensure the user’s pelvis stays right back in the seat. Together with the choice of seat angle, this ensures correct pelvic alignment and prevents a tilted sacral sitting posture, protecting against pressure-related skin damage
Maximum Pressure Relief
The seat cushion uses CareFlex WaterCell Technology® and Vapour Permeable (VP) upholstery, which work synergistically to provide continuous pressure relief.
Padded Sliding Footplate
A sliding footplate to provide greater comfort and support to the feet during portering.
4 Fully Braked Twin Wheel Castors
The twin wheel castors spread the chair’s load over a larger surface area, making it easier to push the chair between communal or private areas in the user’s environment. Each castor has a foot operated brake to stop rolling.