Designed for Bedridden Patients
For those with limited mobility and functionality of the lower legs, the Bed Cradle is designed to support the weight of the sheets off the feet while sleeping or resting in bed. The lower frame slides underneath the mattress, securing the cradle to the bed, while the upper frame is positioned horizontally over the lower limbs. Creating clearance between the sheets and mattress, the cradle keeps the sheets at the same height across the width of the bed.
Prevents Pressure & Foot Drop
Recommended for patients at risk of foot drop or pressure ulcers, the Bed Cradle provides optimal pressure relief and ventilation. Keeping the sheets off the feet helps improve discomfort or pain in the heels and/or toes. The Bed Cradle is especially helpful to bedridden patients with paraplegia, burns, open skin sores, infections, or sensitive skin. This tool can also improve recovery time, as there will be no friction or abrasion from the blanket that can complicate recovery.
The height adjustable cradle can be raised or lowered. For patients confined to standard or hospital beds, the adjustable frame allows for different body types. The folding frame measures 18” tall with a 7” x 13 ½” base.
- Ideal for professional or personal use, the cradle alleviates weight and pressure by holding the bed covers up off the patient’s feet
- Positioned at the end of the bed, the cradle prevents pain from occurring and improves overall comfort
- Offering pressure relief and ventilation, the cradle is ideal for sensitive skin, burns, and other foot conditions
- The frame is constructed of durable material that fits under the mattress to hold securely in place
- Available in either adjustable or folding option, the height adjustable frame allows the patient to customise the space between the mattress surface and bedding