In the unlikely event that you experience a problem with your stairlift these trouble shooting tips may help you resolve the issue straight away. If not we are always on hand at your local Millercare branch to help or call us on 01254 357303.
Before you carry out any troubleshooting, make sure you are doing so from a safe position and if necessary ask for assistance.
Stairlift Service Leaflet
My stairlift will not move
If the power light is off:
- Check the on/off switch, (usually located on the arm) is on.
- Check that the master power switch is on (usually located under the seat on the carriage, either at the front or back).
- Check that the key is inserted and turned to the on position (usually located under the seat on the carriage at the front or side).
If the power light is on:
- Check that the chair is fully swivelled back to its travelling position and that the swivel levers are in the correct position.
- Check whether there is anything obstructing the safety edges – if there is move the stairlift in the opposite direction, remove the obstruction and then you can continue your journey.
- If you have a hinged rail ensure the rail is fully lowered and locked in position.
If your stairlift still does not move:
- Turn the power key to the off position and then back on.
- Move and hold the control in the direction of travel for a few seconds after which the stairlift should start.
- If the stairlift still doesn’t work at this point call your local Millercare branch or you can contact customer services on 01254357303.
My stairlift is beeping
- Your stairlift will beep if the batteries are not being charged.
- Check the wall switch is on.
- Check that the power has not tripped.
- Check the stairlift is parked correctly at the top or bottom of the stairs.
- If you have checked these things and your stairlift continues to beep switch your stairlift off and call your local Millercare branch.
My remote control doesn’t work
- Check and replace the batteries if necessary.
- My automatic swivel doesn’t work
- Call your local Millercare branch. Use the manual swivel levers under the seat in the meantime.
- My hinge or retractable rail doesn’t work
Call your Millercare branch or Millercare Service Department on 01254 237788. If the rail is causing an obstruction you can raise the rail manually by grasping the underside of the rail.