The HydroFlex, Careflex's flexible rehabilitation chair, offers high levels of adaptability for those with more complex posture and pressure management needs. The wide variety of positions that can be achieved, together with the available comprehensive range of options and accessories, mean the chair can correct or accommodate specific postural challenges or form part of a rehabilitation programme.
The HydroFlex is an effective seating solution for adults and children with the following conditions and postural challenges:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Motor neurone disease
- Muscle weakness or paralysis
- Abnormal muscle tone
- Poor sitting balance and head control
- Pelvic instability
- Increased thoracic kyphosis
How can the Hydroflex help individuals?
- Back angle recline adjusts the angle between the chair and seat back promoting comfort, relaxation and energy management for the user
- Tilt-in-space improves pelvic stability without affecting the user’s hip and knee angle, promotes energy management and encourages pressure redistribution
- Integral pressure management with Water Cell Technology and adjustable seat depth encourages maximum support and equal weight distribution with the aim of reducing the risk of pressure injury
- The articulating head section allows for specific profiling of the back of the chair to accommodate more complex head positions and an increased thoracic kyphosis. Combined with tailored adjustment of the wings a stable and safe head position can be achieved ensuring maximum comfort for the user
- The elevating channel leg rest with integral foot plate provides comfortable lower limb positioning whilst maintaining alignment and stability
The HydroFlex is also designed with the user’s support network in mind; there is an ergonomic push handle for safe and easy handling of the chair.
Back Angle Recline (BAR)
Adjusts the angle between the chair seat and back to provide a more comfortable hip position.
Allows you to change the reclining angle of the chair seat and back without adjusting the user’s hip and knee angle.
Ergonomic Push Handle
For safe and easy handling – designed with carers in mind.
Articulating Back and Adjustable Wings
The seat back allows for specific profiling to accommodate kyphosis and other complex head positioning issues. Combined with tailored adjustment of the wings (inwards or outwards) a stable head position can be achieved ensuring maximum comfort for the user.
Flat Back Rest with CareFlex WaterCell Technology®
Delivers pressure relief and long-term comfort by offering simple conforming support to the lower back whilst the user is sitting upright and in a tilted position.
Maximum Pressure Relief
The seat cushion uses CareFlex WaterCell Technology® and Vapour Permeable (VP) upholstery, which work synergistically to provide continuous pressure relief.
Adjustable Seat Depth
The seat depth can be easily adjusted to ensure the user’s pelvis is right back in the seat, correctly aligned and not tilting into a sacral sitting posture.
Independently Elevating, Channel Legrest
An articulating legrest with integral footplate to provide a comfortable posture. Lifts the legs above hip level to reduce lower leg swelling and to help the user stabilise their posture.
Angle Adjustable, Fold Down Footplate
Single-side release of the footplate angle control mechanism simplifies operation. Lowering the footplate, adjusting the angle and stowing the footplate can all be carried out from one side of the chair.
4 Fully Braked Castors
The castors have sealed bearing hubs for enhanced durability and smoother manoeuvrability. Each castor has a full brake to stop rolling.
Fixed or Loose Covers
Choice of fixed covers for easy cleaning, or loose covers for multi-user adaptability.