The SitnStand is a portable smart rising seat developed to help and assist when needing assistance when getting up and down from a chair.
The SitnStand helps people to remain safe and independent in their own homes.
"The padded, foam-filled device works via a handset attached to a tiny generator that inflates the seat pad, gently elevating it to help the user to their feet." - The Daily Mail (Source)
Some of the features of the SitnStand include -
- It is lightweight and portable
- It can be used on any style of chair
- Suitable for sitting for extended periods of time
- Easy and simple to use
- 2 button control
How does it work?
The SitnStand is simple and easy to use. After placing the SitnStand on a chair, you press the up button on the control to start the inflation process. There are 4 stages of inflation and when you feel it is at the correct height you are able to raise from the chair. You can then either use the SitnStand on another chair deflating it until it is flat again or return to the inflated SitnStand and deflate it using the down button.
- Seat footprint - Deflated: 40 x 53 x 0.5 (sitting area) (cm)
- Seat footprint - Inflated: 40 x 48 x 20 (sitting area) (cm)
- Carrying package dimensions - 45 x 55 x 10 (cm)
- Product weight: 3.5 kg
- Max supported weight: 120kg
- Nominal Operation time (inflate/deflate): ~25 sec
"I find getting up and down out of chairs very painful and the SitNStand has certainly made things easier for me." - Satisfied customer in our Heywood branch
There are demonstration models in every Millercare branch and home demonstrations are available upon request