Millercare now has an Occupational Therapist based out of the head office in Oswaldtwistle. Our Occupational Therapist has over 15 years' experience and is a member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists and is registered with the Health Professional Council.
The following services can be carried out with both adults and children:
- Assessment for manual and powered wheelchairs of all specifications, pressure relief cushions and seating systems
- Postural management assessments with recommendations for equipment including sleep systems and static seating
- Moving and handling assessments
- Assessments of Activities of Daily Living Aids (ADLs) including bathing, personal care and kitchen tasks, with recommendations for appropriate equipment
- Advice for minor adaptations
- Assessments can also be carried out on behalf of charities, instructing solicitors and case managers and other statutory and non-statutory organisations.
- Access to Work Assessments
- Recommendations for care packages
Assessments can be carried out at Millercare Showrooms throughout the North West
or at the client's home.